Calendar of Events
- Northwest High-Tech Careers Expo
- October 15 - 16, 1996
- A two-day recruitment event for leading high-tech companies in Seattle, featuring 85+ top companies. Seattle Center Exhibition Hall, Seattle, WA. For more information, call (206) 882-2240 or e-mail annexpo@AOL.com.
- Closing the Gap Conference
- October 24 - 26, 1996
- Microcomputer technology in Special Education and Rehabilitation. A leading source for information on innovative applications of microcomputer technology for persons with disabilities, in Minneapolis, MN. For more information, contact Closing The Gap, Inc., P.O. Box 68, 526 Main Street, Henderson, MN 56044; Phone: (507) 248-3294; Fax: (507) 248-3810; E-mail: email@example.com ; URL: www.closingthegap.com.
- Washington Science Teachers (WSTA) Conference
- November 1 - 2, 1996
- A two-day event with over 50 essential learning workshops for educators and teachers to attend in Port Angeles, Washington. For more information, contact Silk Purse, WSTA Conference Planners, 1452 Eckard Avenue, Port Angeles, WA 98362; Phone: (360) 417-0374; E-mail: SlkPurse@AOL.com.
- Work Now and in the Future 13 Conference
- November 3 - 5, 1996
- A three-day event with over 100 session featured to challenge people in education, business, labor, and industry to carry out the mission of educational reform: To provide ALL students a solid educational foundation for the future! For more information, contact the Northwest Regional Educational Laboratory, 101 S.W. Main Street, Suite 500, Portland, OR 97204; Phone: (800) 547-6339 ext. 598; FAX: (503) 275-0443; URL: www.nwrel.org/edwork/wnf.
- 23rd Annual UW Computer Fair
- March 19 - 20, 1997
- An opportunity for professionals from the University and the community to present and demonstrate state-of-the-art computer equipment, software, and support materials. All fair activities are free of charge to attendees. For more information, call (206) 543-3630; FAX: (206) 685-4045; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; URL: www.washington.edu/compfair.
If you know of an event that relates to science, engineering, mathematics, or technology studies or careers and might be of interest to DO-IT News readers, please notify the DO-IT office.