Off the Net
Signs of hereditary Net Addiction
Top Signs of Net Addiction
- You wake up at 3 am to go to the bathroom and stop to check your e-mail on the way back to bed.
- You get a tattoo that reads "This body best viewed with Netscape Navigator 1.1 or higher."
- You name your children Eudora, Mozilla and Dotcom.
- You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, like you just pulled the plug on a loved one.
- You spend half of the plane trip with your laptop on your lap...and your child in the overhead compartment.
- You decide to stay in college for an additional year or two, just for the free Internet access.
- You laugh at people with 2400-baud modems.
- You start using smileys in your snail mail.
- Your hard drive crashes. You haven't logged in for two hours. You start to twitch. You pick up the phone and manually dial your ISP's access number. You try to hum to communicate with the modem. And you succeed.
Now admit it... How many of you have made "modem noises" into the phone just to see if it was possible? :-)