Christine Reich's research on museology topics
Christine covers two relevant topics within her research: Understanding the multilingualism and communication of museum visitors who are d/Deaf or hard of hearing; and the social participation of families with children with autism spectrum disorder in a science museum.
- Meredith Peruzzi’s blog post on hiring people with disabilities
A blog post discussing how when museums talk about diversity, equity, and inclusion, they often forget people with disabilities.
- Nothing About Us Without Us by James Charlton on disability activism
The first book in the literature on disability to provide a theoretical overview of disability oppression that shows its similarities to, and differences from, racism, sexism, and colonialism.
- Equal Access: Universal Design of Informal Learning
A checklist for making an informal learning program or facility welcoming, accessible, and usable.
- Increasing Access to Informal STEM Learning
A video presentation sharing student perspectives on making ISL activities and resources more welcoming and accessible to individuals with disabilities.
- The Seattle Cultural Accessibility Consortium programming
Workshops, classes, events, blog posts, a podcast, and more connecting arts and cultural organizations with information and resources to improve accessibility for people of all abilities.
- Replication Package: Facilitating Student Internships to Promote Accessible Informal STEM Learning
Information about the implementation of AccessISL internships is provided here for others who wish to replicate such practices.
- National Federation of the Blind's Engineering Quotient program
A week-long summer engineering program for blind and low-vision teens from around the United States.
- Science Near Me
A free resource to help you quickly find opportunities to engage in all types of STEM events, projects, and programs locally, in person and online by entering location, topic, audience, and more to find the experience that is right for you.
- Pedagogical and Content Design Practices that Support Accessibility and Inclusion in Museology Courses
AccessISL curriculum and guidelines for faculty.
- Intrepid Museum Education and Access Resources
Example museum guides and other accessibility resources for use by people with disabilities as well as the entire community.
- Center for Advancement of Informal Science Education
Resources and connections for educators, researchers, evaluators, and other stakeholders in order to build and advance equity and inclusion in the informal STEM education field.