NCWIT re:think Magazine Issue Focused on Accessibility
We are excited that the latest issue of re:think Magazine from the National Center for Women in Information Technology (NCWIT) focuses on disability and accessibility. Like AccessComputing, NCWIT is an NSF Broadening Participation in Computing Alliance. They are also an AccessComputing partner. AccessComputing PI Richard Ladner and I provided guidance to NCWIT on this issue of the magazine.
Check out the article Richard and I wrote on Reflecting on Disability and Information Technology. In addition, there are several articles from AccessComputing colleagues and team members:
- Not All Disabilities Are Visible by Hana Gabrielle Bidon
- Making CS Education Inclusive for Students With Mental Health Conditions by Chris Murphy, Bryn Mawr
- Nothing About Us Without Us by Ather Sharif, University of Washington
- Advocacy and Activism in the Disability Community by Victoria Chavez, Northwestern University
- Access and Inclusion in K-12 CS Education: Inclusive Mindsets and Pedagogical Practices by Maya Israel, University of Florida