The Board Room is a space for higher-level administrators at postsecondary institutions to learn about how to create and facilitate the development of courses and services that are accessible to all students, including those with disabilities.
- Learn More About The AccessCollege Initiative
Read about project goals, objectives, activities, leadership, and sponsorship.
- Creating Inclusive Learning Opportunities in Higher Education: A Universal Design Toolkit
Order this must-have book that has how-to instructions for applying UD to everything we do in higher education, and complements the 2015 book Universal Design in Higher Education: From Principles to Practice.
- Learn the Basics With Self-Examination: How Accessible is Your Campus?
Use a checklist to apply universal design to your campus.
- Read Self-Examination: How Inclusive is Your Campus
View a video and read about how postsecondary institutions can design services, courses, technology and physical spaces to be welcoming to, accessible to, and usable by all students.
- Consider Legal Issues
Review key legislation that applies to the inclusion of students with disabilities in postsecondary programs.
- Review Typical Policies and Procedures
See examples of policies for accommodating students with disabilities in postsecondary settings in accordance with legal requirements from 2-year and 4-year institutions in the United States.
- Learn from Participants in Capacity-Building Institutes
Review proceedings of collaborative stakeholder meetings to identify issues, solutions, and action items regarding increasing the successful participation of people with disabilities in postsecondary education.
- Explore Featured Resources
Access the newest publications, videos and articles in the press.
- Review Q&As, Promising Practices, and Case Studies
Explore the Knowledge Base for answers to specific questions and evidence-based case studies and practices.